Top 10 Key Points In Buhari’s Speech To Nigerians.
About 48hours after Lekki Massacre, President Buhari has addressed Nigerians on the issues leading to #ENDSARS protest.
The Live broadcast which started around 7:00pm today had Buhari talking about various things the government is doing in response to #ENDSARS protesters demands and agitation.
In case you missed the Live broadcast or you didn’t understand Buhari’s presentation, here are 10 key points in the speech.
1. Buhari admits that the protest started as a genuine and peaceful protest
2. Buhari sends strong warning to those that have hijacked the peaceful protest and turned it into violence and looting in the name of #ENDSARS
3. Buhari said right to protest does not include disturbing other citizens going about their daily activities
4. We have accepted the youths 5 of 5 demands of the youths and scrapped SARS and the government is working on other demands.
5. We are currently working on extensive police reforms
6. Buhari said all the killing, Lootings that happened in the name of #ENDSARS protest are painful and unneccessary.
7. The government has created N75 billion National Youth Investment Fund to provide opportunities for the youths, and the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Survival Fund through the following means;
a. paying 3-months salaries of the staff of 100,000 micro, small- and medium- enterprises
b. paying for the registration of 250,000 businesses at the Corporate Affairs Commission
c. giving a grant of N30,000 to 100,000 artisans
d. guaranteeing market for the products of traders
8. The National Salaries, Income and Wages Commission has been directed to expedite action on the finalization of the new salary structure of members of the Nigeria Police Force.
9. In order to underscore the importance of education in preparing youths for the future, this administration has come up with a new salary structure and other incentives for our teachers.
10. Buhari calls on youths to discontinue the street protests and constructively engage government in finding solutions.
Leave a Reply